With the onset of the chilly weather, many people are already focusing their minds on the upcoming holidays and great gift ideas- especially for the kids. For countless families with small children, conjuring the image of a mountain of new toys piling on top of the old ones can be a daunting thought. Parents of children who are grown, adult siblings, and friends who enjoy gifting each other can often be left scrambling for ideas as the gift-giving season approaches. What better gift than an entire year or season of a membership? The gift of fun experiences and time well-spent in an entertaining atmosphere never keeps the toy-box lid from being able to close. Here are some of Cincinnati’s best annual memberships!
- Newport Aquarium– With tunnels galore of fish, sharks, stingrays, and even tanks with penguins, the Newport Aquarium is the perfect experience to re-live over and over with your family. With annual passes priced at just $40.99 for children, $56.99 for adults, and $51.99 for seniors, the aquarium is budget-friendly as well as friendly for all seasons of the year and weather conditions.
- Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden– Opening in 1875, Cincinnati Zoo is the second oldest Zoo in the United States, right behind the Philadelphia Zoo. It’s also home to over 3,000 plant species and over 500 animals, including our own local celebrity- Fiona the Hippo! Family passes start as low as $101 for two people or $144 for two adults and unlimited children. The packages do increase in price with add-ons, but for the basic membership (which includes admission, parking, and discounts on food and drinks), this is a steal of a deal.
- Coney Island– Sunlight Pool is America’s largest recirculating pool, and the rest of the park boasts high-dive boards, water slides, Typhoon Tower for the littles ones, and special events year-round. The only drawback to this membership is that much of it can only be enjoyed during the summer months, but that doesn’t mean the special events during the colder months cannot still be enjoyed. While, at the time of publishing, information has not yet been released on the pricing of season passes for the 2022 season, Coney Island has been providing fun and recreation for Cincinnati families since 1886 and there is no reason your family should not be one of them next year!
- Cincinnati Museum Center– Housed inside of the beautiful and historic Union Terminal, Cincinnati Museum Center is home to three incredible museums and the OMNIMAX® Theater. Membership tickets offer a lot of bang for your buck with individual memberships starting as low as $45, dual memberships at $85, family memberships (two adults and unlimited children) at $110 and premium family memberships at $140 (guest passes included, as well as free admission to other affiliated Children’s Museums). Memberships include admission to all three museums, the OMNIMAX®, and free or discounted admission for special exhibits.
- Kings Island– Always a Cincinnati favorite with numerous outstanding rides and attractions, this is the priciest membership on the list and pass-holders must remember that much of it’s use is only available during the warmer months. Gold passes for 2022 are priced at $110 and Platinum Passes are priced at $198. Memberships include parking, all special (non-private) events such as Halloween Haunt and Winterfest, and the Platinum Pass includes admission into all Cedar Fair Parks!