What family, couple, or group of friends doesn’t enjoy fall activities as harvest and Halloween time grow near? Greater Cincinnati hosts some of the best weather and outdoor ambiances to welcome the spooky holiday season. As August draws to an end and coffee fans everywhere welcome Pumpkin Spice Lattes back into their lives, let’s explore some local favorites for fall.
- Kinman Farms – Located in Burlington, Kentucky, this farm favorite is a must for the fall season (and has some exciting winter activities too!) Kinman Farms Fall Fest will begin on September 17 and run through October 31. Fall Fest hosts live music, a petting zoo, a hay ride, bonfires, a corn maze, pony rides, and hot food. Hours are Fridays and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sundays 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tickets are $11 and include a free pumpkin to take home from the pumpkin patch. The farm’s store also has larger pumpkins, corn stalks, mums and other farm gifts available for purchase.
- Burger Farm & Garden Center– Located in Newtown, Ohio, Burger Farm hosts the Fall Fun at the Farm Event every fall, this year beginning September 25 and running through October 31. Weekend hours are 9 a.m until 5 p.m. and admission runs $12, with discounts for young children and seniors. Burger includes live entertainment, hay rides, walking tours, a puppet show, a story-book walk-through, small zip lines, peddle carts, a climbing wall and a pumpkin patch.
- Shaw Farms – Shaw Farms is located in Milford, Ohio and has no admission cost for their Pumpkin Times fall event. Hayrides and Pumpkin Patch will start September 17 and run through October 31. Hours are 9-6 Monday through Saturday and 9-5 on Sundays. Tickets must be purchased for the haunted hay rides, which are tractor drawn through the week and can be either tractor drawn or horse drawn on the weekends. Pumpkins can be purchased from the pumpkin patch, which also includes a lot of adorable photo opportunities. Shaw Farms also hosts barnyard animals, a corn maze, live music, and a country store.
- Neltner’s Farm– Located in Melbourne, Kentucky, Neltner’s Farm hosts their annual from September 25 through October 31. Activities to choose from include horse drawn hay rides, a petter zoo, homemade food, a barrel train, a corn maze, live music, a model train display and a pumpkin patch. Hours run from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday with an admission of $5, and Monday through Friday 9 a.m. through 6 p.m. with free admission!
- Burwinkel Farms– Burwinkel is located in Ross, Ohio and provides a fall favorite that is more accessible to the West Side of Cincinnati. While hours vary from day to day, they host their event, Fall Fun, the whole month of October and can be contacted at (513)738-1145 to inquire about hours daily. The farm provides over 20 varieties of locally-grown apples, has a corn maze, a pumpkin patch, hay rides, straw tunnels, a Halloween scavenger hunt and a pumpkin patch.
Whatever part of Cininnati that you find yourself enjoying a fall evening this coming October, there are plenty of farms that should be able to provide some harvest-themed fun!